ESCMID invites you to submit your proposal(s) for the 2023 Education Programme. Each year, ESCMID supports and administrates a number of Postgraduate Education Courses and Technical Workshops, both in Europe and overseas. These are usually 2-/ 3-day courses addressing a specific area, issue, or hot topic of Clinical Microbiology, or Infectious Diseases.
This call collects proposals for POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION COURSES AND WORKSHOPS for dates at the end of 2023 and early 2024.
- ONLINE EDUCATION COURSES
- ONSITE EDUCATION COURSES/ HANDS-ON TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS
It is possible to indicate in the onsite course application form if the organisers wish to also offer online livestreaming of the onsite course content (hybrid delivery).
The submission templates for this call can be found here online.
Please note that
- Onsite courses can also be planned to be hybrid streamed for online participants – this is not a requirement, however.
- There is a course budget plan required for onsite courses and workshops.
- Please consider as a new opportunity to organize online courses – they are easier to plan, carry less economic risk, and as such can be targeted to specialized topics that may not support an onsite course.
- See the already approved courses for 2022, to ensure that there is no overlap of subject areas.
- You can find flyers of our previous Courses on our website.
- Although, the faculty members (speakers) should be the most relevant presenters for each topic, a fair balance, both by geography and gender, should be strived for. Please try to plan with two talks per speaker.
- For onsite courses, the venue of the workshop should be chosen with the participants in mind – venues with affordable accommodation options nearby are usually more attractive. Also take into account how the ‘high season’ may affect the availability and cost of accommodation.
- If you have not already, we encourage that you organise your course with the participation with an ESCMID study group.
Please do not hesitate to contact Nicolas Burri, ESCMID Education Coordinator, in case of any queries relating to the organisational aspects of ESCMID Postgraduate Courses and Workshops.
The deadline for proposal submission is Monday, 20 February 2022.
Please send back your proposal(s) to: email@example.com
More detailed information, including the support offered by ESCMID can be found in the ESCMID Operating Procedures on the ESCMID Website.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposal(s).